BiOrb AIR 60 Terrarium
- Sku: TBIO10124S
- Vendor: BiOrb
The biOrbAIR Terrarium is the modern terrarium/vivarium, whether it's orchids, poison dart frogs, air plants, mosses and carnivorous plants or an insectarium the biOrbAIR replicates the conditions found under the tropical forest canopy and will provide them with the humidity, air circulation and lighting they need. You also get a 360 degree view of a world you've created and the pleasure of watching it develop and grow, it's like a window into another world. The biOrbAIR uses treated sterilized coir compost as the growth media to cultivate the plant roots. The coir compost is placed on top of a capillary mat that draws water up to the compost from a small water reservoir in the base. The capillary action prevents the plant roots from soaking and rotting. Natural daylight is not necessary as the lighting is arranged in a six LED array at the top of the sphere. This emits the perfect light output for encouraging natural growth and prevents plants bending towards a single light source. The light also works on an automatic 24 hour cycle, simulating sunrise, daylight, sunset and night time. To discourage stagnation and condensation within the biOrbAIR, a constantly running fan, with three speed options: low, medium and high, recycles the air through a replaceable carbon filter. A small amount of fresh air is regularly introduced as part of the circulation process. To maintain the humidity within the micro-climate, water is added using an ultrasonic mister mounted in the top water reservoir. This mister can be set to three different settings: automatic for tropical plant growth, low for a less humid environment and high for certain amphibian and invertebrate animal species. The terrarium is available in glossy white or grey.
- Micro-climate — The biOrb AIR terrarium is a fully-automated 360-degree terrarium that replicates the natural conditions found under the tropical forest canopy
- How it Works — Replicates nature’s daylight, air movement, and humidity to create the perfect automated growing environment for tropical plants
- Natural Lighting — Arranged in a circular pattern at the top of the sphere, 6 LED lights emit the perfect output to encourage natural growth and prevent plants from bending towards a single light source. It works on an automatic 24-hour cycle, simulating day and night time.
- Easy Setup & Maintenance — The biOrb AIR is simple to set up and is virtually maintenance-free. When reservoir levels get low, the biOrb AIR will remind you to refill by gently flashing its lights.
- Automatic Misting Settings — The terrarium senses when the humidity drops and gently mists and circulates air with advanced misting and fan settings: low for a less humid environment, automatic for tropical plant growth, and high for a jungle environment with certain amphibious species
- Automatic Fan Speeds — To discourage stagnation and condensation, a constantly running fan recycles air through a replaceable carbon filter. A small amount of fresh air is regularly introduced as part of the circulation process. Fan speed settings allow for more control over fluid usage and noise reduction; settings include low, medium, and high.
- Constructed Out of Acrylic — 10 times stronger than glass, 50% lighter, and has a 93% transparency rating. Acrylic also boasts very little heat loss, which is ideal for maintaining an internal terrarium climate.
- Coir Compost — Growth media included with the biOrb AIR is made from cocopeat, a renewable resource extracted from the husk of a coconut. Atop a capillary mat, it gently draws water up from a small water reservoir in the base, providing constant hydration and preventing plant roots from rotting.
- Capillary Matting — Made from PP (PET and viscose), a traditional capillary mat combining good capillary action and plenty of water storage capacity for sub-irrigation
- Water Level Indicator — Discreet and easy to read, conveniently located at its base
- 2-year limited warranty
BiOrb AIR 60 Terrarium